Variant Investments, LLC is an asset manager that manages a rapidly growing alternative income fund with over $1.25B in AUM. The fund targets investments in niche market opportunities such as specialty lending, litigation finance and royalties. Variant Investments is looking for a resourceful, highly inquisitive candidate that is interested in pursuing an analyst role. The firm is located in Portland, Oregon and is led by an investment team with decades of experience investing in niche markets.
- Assist with due diligence on investments in niche markets, including drafting investment memos and documenting the due diligence process.
- Build quantitative models to support due diligence on prospective investments and monitoring of current portfolio
- Translate underlying data into theses that are implementable and actionable
- Play support role throughout term sheet and documentation process. Assist in negotiation and structuring of loans between underlying borrower and external legal counsel.
- Monitor underlying investments post-closing, including financial statement tracking, covenant compliance and performance of borrower’s portfolio.
- Participate in investment committee meetings.
- Prepare industry-specific research as needed, where relevant and appropriate for decision making on fund’s investment pipeline. Additionally, conduct ad hoc research on businesses and industries to protect against fraud.
- Build and/or manage analytic, business intelligence and process improvement tools focused on investment planning, CRM and portfolio level risks.
- Assist on other investment research initiatives.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree, preference for Math, Financial Engineering, Data Analysts or Business Analytics majors
- Strong understanding of data analysis, data forecasting and database management.
- Preference for strong technical skills in Excel, Power BI, R, SAS, Python and/or MySQL and working with large data sets
- Candidate must be extremely detail oriented
- Strong written skills
- Ability to analyze situations in a time-sensitive manner and execute appropriate responses
- Comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Variant provides a competitive base salary with a bonus. The firm covers 100% of health benefits and offers a 401k program. If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.