Variant Investments, LLC is an asset manager that manages a rapidly growing alternative income fund with over $1.25B in AUM. The fund targets investments in niche market opportunities such as specialty lending, litigation finance and royalties. Variant Investments is looking for a resourceful, highly inquisitive candidate that is interested in pursuing a senior analyst role. The firm is located in Portland, Oregon and is led by an investment team with decades of experience investing in niche markets.
- Assist and/or lead the due diligence on underwriting commercial loans in niche markets.
- Analyze problem credits in order to formulate and implement plans for rehabilitation, workout, and/or liquidation as necessary to effect repayment.
- Play integral role throughout term sheet and documentation process. Lead effort coordinating negotiation and structuring of loans between underlying borrower and external legal counsel.
- Monitor underlying investments post-closing, including financial statement tracking, covenant compliance and performance of borrower’s portfolio.
- Participate in investment committee meetings.
- Prepare industry-specific research as needed where relevant and appropriate for decision making on fund’s investment pipeline. Additionally, conduct ad hoc research on businesses and industries to protect against fraud.
- Build and/or manage analytic, business intelligence and process improvement tools focused on investment planning, CRM and portfolio level risks.
- Source investment opportunities that align with the Variant investment philosophy.
- Assist on other investment research initiatives.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years experience sourcing, underwriting and monitoring credit investments with special assets experience
- Preference for candidate with experience in working out non-performing credits
- Exposure to credit and/or fraud risk models
- Candidate must be extremely detail oriented
- Strong written skills
- Ability to analyze situations in a time-sensitive manner and execute appropriate responses
- Comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Variant provides a competitive base salary with a bonus. The firm covers 100% of health benefits and offers a 401k program. If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.